In two days, the registration opens for the Lincoln half marathon. I have until then to decide if I want to run the half or just wait until next year and try for the full. (Maybe doing Insanity with my husband instead?) I already came to the conclusion that this year I am not ready to run the full like I hoped – just not in good enough shape to even enjoy the training process (or at least endure it!) Are you hoping to be one of the 10,000 runners?
We have also come to the time of year when somehow cookies make an acceptable breakfast. At least they are for me sometimes if I manage to eat before my kids are up. Which means I should probably be exercising more. But, as the days have become shorter, I have definitely struggled with my motivation levels of wanting to move. One thing that seems to help me to get past that is when I put on good music. Because I get bored with my music easily, I like to change my playlists OFTEN! So, here are 10 of my favorite upbeat Christmas songs (mostly the same list from last year, but a few are new! 🙂 Not feel like exercising … this music also would work great for a present wrapping marathon!
1) “Birth of Love” by SuperHErose (on Toby Mac’s “Christmas in Diverse City”)
2) “Sing, Angels, Sing” by Nicole C. Mullen
3) “Heaven’s Got a Baby” by O.C. Supertones
4) “Joy to the World” by David Crowder Band
5) “O Come, All Ye Faithful” by Toby Mac
6) “Angels We Have Heard on High” by Erin O’Donnel
7) “Christmas Time Again” by Steven Curtis Chapman
8) “Love Came Down” by Stacie Orrico
9) “God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman” by Rascall Flatts (got to get in a little country 🙂
10) “I Pray on Christmas” by Harry Connick Jr. (from one of my favorite Christmas albums!)