If you were thinking about signing up for the Lincoln half or full marathon, there are 10,000 total spots available. Although registration has been open for a little while, I am pretty sure that at least half of those spots are filled. I “ran” (“jogged”) the half marathon in 2010, and it was such a positive experience for me. (I had hoped to run the full in May, but due lots of family bridal showers, 2 weddings and major remodeling projects being done by my husband (meaning the children are left completely to me 🙂), my marathon will have to wait. So, until then, I am trying to continue working out in my basement and trying to get in better shape. )
Anyway, I think I get bored with my workouts, so I change my music play lists fairly often. Since I even have Christmas music that I enjoy listening to while I am exercising, I thought I would share 10 of my favorite upbeat songs. So, if you are like me and maybe have eaten one Christmas cookie too many, crank up one of these tunes and get moving.
1) “Oh, for Joy” by David Crowder Band
2) “Sing, Angels, Sing!” by Nicole C. Mullen
3) “O Come All Ye Faithful” by Toby Mac
4) “Handel’s Messiah” by Relient K
5) “Gloria” by Michael W. Smith
6) “Angels We Have Heard on High” by Erin O’Donnel
7) “I Pray on Christmas” by Harry Connick Jr.
8) “Birth of Love” Super HErose
9) “Go Tell It On the Mountain” by Michael English
10) “Little Drummer Boy” by Toby Mac