It was so nice to be back at MOPS this morning. I’m glad so many of you made it out after days of cold and snow to enjoy the warm atmosphere, food, and friendship. We missed those of you who were unable to make it and hope to see you at our next meeting on January 27th. Be sure to check out the latest newsletter in the archives on the left.
Today, we were treated to hearing from FEFC Pastor Mark Brunott. He shared with us a great message about how you can gift your family with 5 simple things.
5 Gifts You Can Give Your Family
- Know and behave like being good enough is good enough.
- Don’t stress about being the perfect mom or having the perfect kids. Allow grace.
- Live in the present moment.
- Don’t let your vocabulary be peppered with “not now” and “maybe later.” Stop. Live in the moment.
- Make your home a place of fun and adventure.
- Be known for having fun with your kids. Ask yourself, “What are my kids going to remember about their childhood?” Make fun memories.
- Honor and develop the uniqueness of your child.
- Your job is not to shape your child into what YOU want him to be. Your job is to help your child discover who GOD shaped him to be. You should train him in the way he should go . [Proverbs 22:6] In other words, create a desire within him to go according to the shape God made him.
- Watch for and use teachable moments.
- Deuteronomy 6:1-9 tells us that we are to teach our children about God everyday in all that we do. Our job as moms is to teach our children by example how they are to be and who God is.